Today I went for a walk. It was supposed to be just a normal any day walk from Point A to Point B. And i guess that for all intents and purposes it was. Except for one small thing. I saw a man sitting on against a wall playing with, of all things, his bunny rabbit. It was a black and white spotted rabbit... with grass on its back. The man looked so incredibly content. Like everything was perfect in the world. I envied him for a brief second before my mind switched gears and I thought... "This is what I signed up to protect.. This stranger who's out playing with his rabbit, having the most fantastic time." This struck me hard, the small glimpse I had into this mans day. As I kept walking to Church my mind kept running through all of the people I knew, didn't know, will never know.. the places I'd been, the places I haven't been, the places I'll never go.. The rundown, the trodden on, the beaten, the strong, the well off, the soft spoken, the outspoken people of, well, the entire planet. The earth. Not just the United States of America, I thought of everyone. I know that I'm not the first to give up what I had back home to Serve, fight, die, live... dedicate my life to protecting everyone and everything back here on this side of the pond and across. I got this idea, just a small spark, that consumed my mind the entire length of what I had left of my walk.
I am going to start working on a project called "This Is Why WE Fight." The idea is to make a video montage of the best and the worst, the greatest and the least, of the people that we who have dedicated our lives to protect. It's not something that I can do alone, so in the most humble way possible, I ask that you help. Take a picture here or there of your friends at a party, your kids playing in the backyard, the homeless man who sleeps on the park bench, anything really. If you could do this and send it to thisiwwefight@gmail.com i would be eternally grateful to you.
Please if you can, share this with your friends, I need as much help as possible to make this to Honor the men who fight and die for our Country.
No comments:
Post a Comment